Your baby’s the size of a blueberry!
Your .51-inch embryo doesn’t exactly tip the scales just yet but she’s developing like crazy. She’s already doubled in size since last week.
(Source: the Bump)
Our first prenatal visit with our OB is tomorrow morning, and I’m desperately hoping that we’ll get to see/hear our baby’s heartbeat for the first time. Since I found that I was pregnant two weeks ago, I’ve been taking home pregnancy tests like it’s my job. I’ve also been scouring the internet for info on early pregnancy symptoms and comparing my symptoms with the “classic” ones that women reportedly experience. Here’s how I stack up against the Mayo Clinic’s list of early pregnancy signs:
- Nausea with or without vomiting: (+0) Nope! None. Zip. Nada. I know I should feel lucky, but this one actually has me the most worried. Isn’t vomiting and nausea part and parcel of being pregnant?!
- Tender, swollen breasts: (+1) A couple of days ago, I would have said nope none zip nada to this one too, but yesterday I finally felt the beginnings of achy, sore boobs. And today the soreness came on with a vengeance. This is all probably a good thing, because I’ve been feeling myself up so often at work that I’m surprised that office security hasn’t escorted me out of the building yet.
- Increased urination: (+1) YES, although I’ve always had a bladder the size of a blueberry (har har) so I’m not sure whether this is a sign that I’m pregnant or a better excuse to J when I have to crawl over him to hit the toilet for the fourth time in the middle of the night. “Sorry honey, it’s not me, it’s the baby!”
- Fatigue: (+1) YES, but c’mon, aren’t we all?
- Food aversions or cravings: (+0) Nope. I bought myself a jar of pickles last week in anticipation of “the cravings”. Pickles are still in the fridge. Unopened.
- Slight bleeding or cramping: (+0) No, thank goodness. Because this one would probably send my stress level through the roof.
- Mood swings: (Me: +0, J: +1) I would say no to this one, but my husband may beg to differ.
- Dizziness: (+0) Nope.
- Constipation: (+0) Quite the opposite, actually….
So my final score is a whopping 3 (maybe 4) out of 9. And out of the three symptoms that I do have – boobs, pee, tired – my husband complains that he has two of the three too. So what’s really going on?? Shouldn’t I have more symptoms at 7 weeks?
The prenatal exam cannot come soon enough.