Halloween is coming up, and as I’ve mentioned in a previous post, it’s quite possible that Baby Z will be in a costume for 364 days out of the year and I’ll dress him up as a “normal baby” on Halloween. Har har.
I’ve been collecting some baby costume ideas. Here are some of my favorites:
1. Baby Wilson Volleyball
2. Baby Lobster in a Pot. Yum!
3. Baby Gnome (I’d carry Baby Z around and take Polaroid photos)
4. Baby Superhero. Aww.
5. Baby Gandhi. Haha.
6. Are you ready for this one? Baby Honey Boo Boo! Saw this on Ellen and it’s genius.
7. And my personal favorite, and I’m a little sad that it may possibly be only relevant this (election) year…BINDERS FULL OF BABIES. Someone please dress your kid up and send pics to me, so that I may live vicariously through your child.
I may have spent a little too long watching this gif over and over again today. Holy cuteness Batman.
Here are some boy-ish things that I’m obsessing over this week:
1. Halloween costume inspired by the Disney-Pixar movie UP. (J and I also did our engagement photos to UP – the opening montage gets us every time.)
2. Lion Coat. Raaaarr.
3. Mark my words, if Baby Z is not in an animal costume, he will be dressed as Superman.
4. DIY obstacle course. Genius. This is how I’m going to sneak out for manicures.
5. My lil monkey
6. Mustache binky. Ha.
7. Sweet quote.
8. For J and Baby Z
9. If I know my folks…this is going to be all too true.
So by now, J and I have told all the essential players the news of our impending arrival (i.e. grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, close friends, etc), but we still haven’t made the news truly public yet. And by truly public, I mean Facebook public. I can’t decide whether or not I want to announce our pregnancy on Facebook – what’s the point if all of the important people already know? J is leaving the decision in my hands – he’s fiercely private online and doesn’t believe in sharing too much information out in cyberspace. (I obviously have no such problem…hello this baby blog!)
In any case, I’ve been casually browsing Pinterest for ideas on pregnancy announcements, and here are some adorable ones that I love:
Love this if Baby Z had a big sister:
And this is my favorite post-pregnancy-hello-baby announcement:
But ultimately, while the above ideas are cute and all, they are definitely not as classy as this one:
What do you think Baby Z, should Mommy get you tattooed on her belly and announce you to the world?
It’s been a slow morning at work, so I thought I would, oh I don’t know, play around on morphthing.com and see what Baby Z may look like if I combined my face with J’s…
The results are not for the faint of heart.
Eerily, the toddler girl does look a bit like me when I was little. Scary…
What’s your vote? Which one do you think looks most like future Baby Z?
Right now, our one-bedroom apartment doesn’t allow for us to create the perfect nursery for Baby Z, but a mom can dream, right?
I love this: